This week is exciting for me because we will be travelling. You might be wondering how I will carry my six months old child? Well, I give credit to my shoulder baby-carrying slings! I have been using this since I had my first child and it works wonders; trust me!
Here are some reasons you should know you carry your babies with shoulder slings.
- It promotes physical development. The baby attached to the sling and positioned near your chest will hear the sound of your heartbeat, be in tune with your breathing, and feel your movements as you walk, bend and reach out for something.
- It is will help in the transition from your womb to the open world. This vestibular stimulation will help the child regulate her/his own physical responses.
- Studies have shown that the more babies are held, the less they cry and fuss. Thus, using slings will make your babies happier.
- It develops communication between you and your baby!
- Slings are convenient especially when you are travelling with a child and carrying a lot of bags!
- It also allows for discreet breastfeeding in public places.